- Made in USA
- The highest quality exterior vinyl shutters available
- Superior shutter injection mold engineering
- "Open" louver shutter styling
- Custom made to your specifications
- 100% high-density copolymer shutter construction
- Baked-on acrylic finish
- UV stabilized for superior fade resistance
- All colors are paintable
- Architecturally correct - looks like real wood
- Will not rot, crack, split, or mold
- Textured wood-grain finish
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Easy installation on any surface
- Durable construction - built to last
- Low maintenance permanent installation
- Transferable lifetime shutter warranty
- Touch-up paint also available
- No assembly required
- Shutter mounting hardware included
Mastic vinyl window shutters are made from a durable copolymer material that is unequaled in the exterior vinyl shutter industry. With careful design and engineering of plastic injection molding technology, Mastic has managed to recapture the beauty of real wooden louver shutters in a 100% vinyl product.
Finally there are vinyl shutters that can realistically replace the maintenance headaches of exterior wooden shutters and you can also be proud to display them on your home. Mastic ™ custom louver shutters are hand made after you place your order. They can be ordered in 9", 12", and 14 5/8" widths and in heights from 18" to 96".
Mounting Mastic™ vinyl shutters is very easy - even the most light-hearted do-it-yourselfer can put them up in a matter of minutes. You have the option to mount these vinyl window shutters with either permanent shutterplugs or removable painted screws. Both types of hardware are included in the box. You can also add our black decorative hinges to the exterior vinyl shutter installation for an authentic colonial look.
Mastic™ custom vinyl shutters are made from discrete parts that come from a plastic injection mold. The parts are molded into a few standard widths. After the shutters have been ordered the parts are cut to height and welded together using state of the art ultrasonic fabricating equipment. The result is a strong durable shutter that will last for decades.
The final stage is where the vinyl shutters are spray painted with the desired color of paint which is then baked on to ensure a durable finish. Mastic custom vinyl shutters are always hand inspected to ensure they meet the highest quality standards before they are shipped.
|Depth (Thickness)||Approximately 1 1/8"|
|Core||Hollow (open back)|
|Joints||Ultrasonically fabricated vinyl|
|Mounting Options||Decorative only (fixed open position)|
|Paint Required||None; however all colors can be painted with standard outdoor paints|
NOTE: Please do not rely on the colors that
are displayed on the screen. To get an exact color match, we strongly recommend
before placing your
order for vinyl louver shutters.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will painting these exterior vinyl shutters diminish the wood grain texture?
No. Although the texture is not as deep as with some other brands of vinyl shutters, Mastic™ shutters still look like real wood even with a coat or two of paint applied.
- How do I remove the Shutterplugs from the vinyl shutters once they are in place?
Slide a chisel behind the vinyl shutter until it comes in contact with the Shutterplug. Make sure to keep the sharp edge of the chisel away from the wall. Give the chisel a sharp tap with a hammer and it will cut through the Shutterplug. After the shutter is removed, shear the remaining part of the Shutterplug flush with the surface and bore out the shank with a drill. Fill the hole with silicone to weatherproof. See our Vinyl Shutter Removal Instructions for additional information.
- My exterior wall is uneven. How do I install my exterior vinyl shutters?
You can use ferrules (a short cylindrical pipe) as standoffs to keep your vinyl shutters stable. Simply paint them, trim to size, and mount them behind your exterior shutters. Do not to put wood blocks behind the vinyl exterior shutters because they will rot fairly quickly.
- I am looking for Cellwood exterior shutters and I noticed Mastic exterior shutters have the same colors. Will Mastic exterior shutters match my Cellwood vinyl shutters?
Yes. Mastic exterior shutters are a compatible product with Cellwood exterior shutters. The colors are exactly the same and if they are installed side-by-side it is unlikely you would be able to tell the difference.
- I am looking for Alcoa exterior shutters and I noticed Mastic exterior shutters have the same colors. Will Mastic exterior shutters match my Alcoa vinyl shutters?
Yes. PlyGem has taken over the Alcoa shutters line and re-branded them as Mastic. This is exactly the same product as the Alcoa Vintage® line of vinyl shutters.
Video About Vinyl Window Shutters
|In this 90-second video, host Tim Carter describes some of the advantages of
exterior vinyl shutters over wood shutters. He also demonstrates just how easy it can be to
install vinyl shutters yourself. Click anywhere within the box below to begin the video.|
Custom Vinyl Shutters, Mastic Exterior Shutters, Alcoa Vintage Exterior Shutters, Best Looking Vinyl Shutters, Quality Shutters, Plastic External Shutters, Louvered Window Shutters, Copolymer Shutters, Outside Shutters, Decorative Shutters, External Louvered Shutters, Exterior Shutter Colors, Exterior Shutter Mounting, Synthetic Shutters, Open Louver Shutters, Long Lasting Shutters, Alcoa External Shutters, Fiberglass Shutters, Cellwood Shutters, Mastic Siding Shutters Colors, Alternative Outdoor Window Shutters, Louver Shutters